If you’re a nail art beginner and feel intimidated by at-home manicures, we’ve put together a helpful guide to walking you through this process step-by-step. All you will need is BLUESKY GEL NAIL POLISH STARTER KIT, some patience, and about an hour of wait time for your nails to be painted.
At-Home Gel Manicure Guide:
Just follow these easy steps, and you’ll have a gel manicure that rivals any salon creation.
- The first thing you should do before gel manicure is to file, trim and buff your nails. Make sure they’re in good condition and won’t ruin the manicure.
- Then soak your hands in warm water for about five minutes or until the skin feels soft and pliable. This allows you to push back your cuticles gently without hurting them. Push back the cuticles using an orange stick or a toothpick. Wash your hands again when you’re done pushing back the cuticles.
- Apply a thin layer of base coat on your dry nails. When you apply the gel base coat, apply it thinly and evenly. If you apply it too thickly, it may cause the polish to bleed underneath. Applying a base coat will help protect your nails from staining, cracking, and peeling. It also makes the nails easier to paint.
- Now, cure your nails under an LED or UV lamp for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Apply one layer of high-quality gel polish of whatever color you like.
- Again, cure under LED or UV lamp for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Now, apply a second coat of gel polish (you can use any other color as well).
- Again, cure under a LED or UV lamp for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Next, take out your topcoat, apply a thin coat, and cure under a LED or UV lamp for 1-2 minutes.
- Lastly, using a cotton pad, remove any sticky residue around the nails.